Sunday, September 29, 2013

Another Praying Mantis First For Me!



 
Another Praying Mantis first for me!
 
We've been watching this female mantis for a couple weeks now.  She took up residence in the Autumn Joy sedum at the bottom of our deck stairs.  She'd come out and be more visible during the day while she stocked her prey but then retreat down into the plant in the evening.
 
Well yesterday afternoon when I peeked in to check on her low and behold she was in the middle of laying her eggs, AMAZING!
 
I also came across two other Mantis eggs cases when working in the yard.  I can only imagine, and hope, there will be more based on the number of Mantis I saw over the Summer.  Perhaps, we'll have another bumper year for these interesting insects next Summer.  Time will tell... 

No comments: