Friday, June 20, 2014

Too Big For Their Nest!



Our under-the-deck Spring tenants are growing!

Just a couple days ago we had a jumper and each time I returned it back to the nest off it would go again.  Upon further inspection there was simply no longer any available space for the family of four.  So, I took one of the nearby nests, placed it next to the original and put the little fella in it.  That seemed to do the trick but as it turns out for just a day or two.

The other morning I noticed a little on on the lawn again but this time I let it alone.  I figured the mother knew what to do and would take care of the situation.  However, this afternoon there is only one young'n left.  I think they're too young to fly just yet, so not sure where the other three have gone to.  Chances are they're hiding among the flowers under the deck.

No comments: