I spent some time on my roof this past weekend, which I am not a big fan of. Performed some pre-winter checks, preventative maintenance and repairs.
Years ago when we removed our wood stove, a piece of sheet metal was glued to the top of the chimney to prevent rain and snow and the elements from getting in. Well, the seal had long since dried and there wasn't much holding the sheet metal in place, so it needed some attention.
While I was up there I also re-chalked the numerous cracks running through the concrete top. It too was all dried out. With fresh chalked applied the issue of the cracks worsening due to water getting inside and freezing is greatly reduced. It definitely needs to be repaired properly sooner rather than later but for now this will suffice.