Friday, June 16, 2017

The Frye Homeowner Go-To

Being a Frye I was taught that tar and flashing will fix just about anything around the house.  Therefore, it's no surprise that I have a gallon can of Henry's FlashMaster at my immediate disposal.


This past weekend I pulled out the ladder and up on the roof I went to inspect the flashing and tar where the roof meets the chimney.  It's been about ~10 years since we had our roof replaced, so I wasn't surprised to see that the existing tar had dried and there were noticeable cracks already visible.

Before I -

Before II -

With my can of FlashMaster in one hand and a handy putty knife in the other I went to work.  Smearing and spreading, smearing and spreading until the old tar and cracks were covered in new and sealed nicely.

After I -

After II -

Bring on the rains...

No comments: