Tuesday, July 25, 2017


It was a project I had on my list of to-do's for a very long time, years actually, and I'm happy to report I finally completed it this past weekend and I couldn't be happier!

In all the years that we've been at our ole homestead our pool house has never had a gutter.  Even after we created a couple vegetable beds on that side of the yard, no gutter.  Water for plants on that side of the yard was always pulled from the rain barrel on the opposite side of the yard and lugged over.  But no more!

Pre-gutter install -

This was actually a fun project!  I cut the gutter to length, affixed and glued both end-caps, cut the downspout hole in the base of the gutter, installed and glued the downspout and mounted.

 Post-gutter install-

 Downspout install, 55-gallon barrel in place with a nice level paver footing -

 Paver base laid and leveled -

 Filler up -

 Monday was a day of heavy rains.  Low and behold a near full 55-gallon barrel of fresh rain water -

Happy plants!  No more lumping water around the yard!  Happy farmer!

No comments: