Monday, November 20, 2017

You Cuckoo

I saw this bird the other day but couldn't make out what kind it was.  I grabbed the camera and snapped a couple pictures, however, the way the sun was hitting him the pics were of no help in identify him.

A couple hours later I spotted him again in our Maple tree, so again I grabbed the camera and snapped the pictures below.  I've never since this type of bird before, never ever.




After doing some research I believe I've identified it - it's a Yellow-Billed Cuckoo, also known as a Rain Crow and Storm Crow.

I wasn't surprised to read the following, which would explain why I've yet to see one, "manage to stay well hidden in deciduous woodlands. They usually sit stock still, even hunching their shoulders to conceal their crisp white underparts, as they hunt for large caterpillars."

Hope to see more of him\them.

No comments: