Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Posted NO Trespassing!

I pulled, dusted off and baited the old hav-a-heart traps with tasty, juicy hard to refuse apples and my-o-my was it a busy weekend!

A first time catch, much to my surprise, a male wild rabbit -


BIG opossum #1 -

BIG opossum #2 -

and the coup de gra, a dreaded adult woodchuck!

mora coup de gra, a youngster woodchuck!

Quite a surprise to see this beautiful fox pup -

 AH!  Another member of the woodchuck clan that's living in my backyard -

Not shown, a couple grey squirrels and a couple chipmunks.

In the evenings the neighbors on both side of us have woodchucks and rabbits grazing on their lawns.  So, there are plenty more critters out there. If they stay away and in the neighbors yards we're good.  However, if they pull the old Peter rabbit deal...

No comments: