Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Apprentice

How bout some post Christmas plumbing?!

Not only did Santa deliver endless pairs of shoes to Emilie "Imelda Marcos" but he also left a brandy new kitchen faucet for my dad. More proof that he'd been hitting the sauce I'd say. Oh don't get me wrong that was a nice gift, a needed gift and very thoughtful of the jolly ole feller BUT what he failed to include was installation. Well doesn't that pose a dilemma...?

As you can see from the picture above, dilemma solved.

Emilie gave me a hand removing the old faucet and installing the new. Of course I had some trepidation going into this project for fear that it would turn into what I affectionately refer to as a "Frye project". A "Frye project" is one that should be straight forward but turns into anything but. Although we ran into a few minor challenges removing the old one, once out, the new faucet installed without a hitch with the end result being a success.

No comments: