Friday, April 11, 2008

Cottontail Rabbit Mishap - UPDATE

UPDATE

Sadly, I must report that the little cottontail bunny didn't make it and passed away quietly the other night. We tried having her nurse from Oreo several times but she was not interested and didn't even try. I'm guessing it had something to do with the different smells or lack of her mothers smell. Certainly not what I wanted to have happen and had I known the nest was there I would have let them be. However, in searching for some sort of silver lining here and as cold as this might sound, there are three less wild bunnies that I have to contend with; three less bunnies eating my Phlox and other flowers and vegetables plants.

In the words of Elmer Fudd from the Looney Tunes episode titled "Robot Rabbit" I must report that the, "The wabbit kicked the bucket!", "The wabbit kicked the bucket!"

Read the original
Cottontail Rabbit Mishap entry by clicking the link here

No comments: