Monday, December 15, 2008

Gotcha

In the absence of a good ole fashion bird feeder this winter I hung a suet feeder out. Certainly not the same as a full blown feeder but it does the trick just the same and attracts the smaller birds, i.e. nuthatches, downy woodpeckers, titmouse's, and chickadees. However, as you can see from the first picture below it also attracted a grey squirrel this morning, that sumbitch. The ironic thing is you can see the trap in the background, which I baited and set a couple days ago, patiently waiting for a curious critter. I swear this dude flipped me the bird when I was taking this picture.



Ah, but then karma struck. The sumbitch was weak or perhaps just hungry since there were next to no acorns this fall and gave in to temptation - temptation called Peter Pan peanut butter :-)



You can see the sumbitch waiting extradition in the above picture...

No comments: