Wednesday, December 30, 2009

You Know You're Getting Old When...


So, I stopped at the medical center, where my primary care physician resides, yesterday morning to have some blood drawn for my up coming yearly physical. I was in the area and hadn't eaten anything since the night before, so the fasting requirement was met, and wanted to have this taken care of before my appointment. This way my doctor has the results in hand at the time of my checkup.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older or softer, maybe both, but this blood draw REALLY HURT!! - more than I remember or expected! Not to mention the bruise that was left behind. Yeah I know, weenie!

Since we're on the subject of getting older and softer -

This medical center has two racks hanging in the lobby that contain 2"x6" information cards of the doctors that practice out of that facility along with their expertise, medical background and picture. A nice value add that puts a name to a face. However, as I was looking at these cards it hit me and I realized that I recognized and had been seen many of those doctors at one point or another! YIKES!! - You Know You're Getting Old When...

No comments: