Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Harvesting, Yummy!

Dug 12 of our 16 feet of potatoes yesterday. Our haul is pictured below; Red Norland and Russet, with Yukon Gold to be dug soon - the plants are still green and alive. I'm thinking Red Norland mashed potatoes with the skin on or perhaps cooked like home fries, yum. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!



The tomatoes are starting to come in like gang-busters. Here is a sampling of what we picked yesterday. Tomato canning is just around the corner. Watching JoAnne can reminds me SO much of my mother and brings me back...



How bout these (2) beautiful head of broccoli!! Softball sized and kept from the dreaded woodchucks. Hmm, hmm good! How to cook? Suggestions anyone?!?! Something delicious and challenging, don't want to make it too easy for JoAnne, hehehe!



We also picked more cucumbers which are coming out of our ears, a couple small and rather pathetic Vidalia onions, and a two zucchini squash.

No comments: