Friday, December 19, 2014

So Long Little Buddy...

Sadly, I have some terrible news to report.

The young male deer that's been visiting, along with it's mother, the past six month, and as recently as seven days ago, has died.


Looking out the back window this past Tuesday afternoon something caught my eye; something was different.  I knew immediately what it was and went down for a closer look.  Sure enough it was the little yearling male expired and lying in the neighbors back yard.


Other than some critter chewing on the carcass there were no visible signs of trauma, so not sure what happened.

I don't believe the neighbors have seen it yet and not sure what they're going to do with it.  I don't believe animal control will remove it because of where it's located.  Of course, if it were me I'd drag it to the street one evening, then place the call.  At that point the animal would be on town property and become their responsibility, which would mean they'd need to remove it.

RIP

No comments: