Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The Dreaded Tomato Hornworm...

Our Sweet California Wonder Peppers are doing tremendous this year!  Just about ready to be picked, with many more on the way too.  Already salivating about the stuff peppers JoAnne makes - moms recipe, YUM!


When watering them the other evening I was taken aback by what I noticed lying beneath one of the plants, FRASS!  I new immediately what produced this poop, the dreaded tomato hornworm, and was NOT happy.  In years past we'd find these caterpillars dinning on our tomato plants, however, this is the first time I recall finding one on our peppers.


And here's the culprit!  A good sized one too.


I inspected the rest of the plants with no signs of additional pests.  However, that doesn't mean I didn't miss one or two.  I'll keep a close eye from now on.

I sure do miss my chickens, generally speaking, but even more so when a delicious treat like this has to go to waste without them...

No comments: