Sunday, April 25, 2021

Vegetable Garden Prep

Pulled up the old boot straps and tackled the garden last weekend!

Removed (6) 5-gallon buckets of bedding from the chicken coop and (5) more from the compost bin and spread on top of the garden.  Then it was time to grab the shovel and hand turned the compost into the soil, giving it some much needed nutrients!

During this tilling process I caught over 30 grubs, which I collected then feed to the chickens who absolutely devoured them!


I've decided on what I plan on planting in this garden and where each will go - 1 row sunflower, 1 row corn, 2 rows potatoes and 1 row tomatoes, in that order from top to bottom.

I planted (40) sunflower seeds indoors, two different types, yesterday and picked up two 5lb bags of Yukon Gold potatoes from our local Agway.

No comments: