Friday, December 19, 2008

Gracie Under the Knife

Here's Gracie sporting her new look - the just fixed and declawed look. One week ago today was her big day and she did just fine. She is still on the mend and almost back to her old self. What do you think of her fancy Dolce and Gabbana neckwear? She needs to wear this to prevent her from getting at and messing with her incision.

Growing up I don't recall any of our puddy cats having to sport such a thing following their procedures. As a matter of fact, back in the day our felines had to walk to the vet to have their procedures performed and then back home afterwards. This was always an uphill walk both ways and usually in the snow. Cats these days, geesh!

Anyway, I digress. If we can just get her to stop pooping on the floor (right in front of her liter box), which is something new she just started following her procedures. Maybe she's trying to tell us that she didn't enjoy the process and misses her front claws? Perhaps, another surgery is in order to address this problem - capesch...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno, she's got this
"If I had my claws I'd castrate you then poop in your mouth" kinda glare. I'd keep 1 eye open when you're sleep if I were you. ;-)

Personally I'm against declawing unless absolutely necessary. And "absolutley necessary" doesn't mean because she scratches the rug or furniture but that's just my humble opinion.

Anonymous said...

How about if she sctaches our other kitty (she was declawed when we got her).