Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pinewood Derby - A Blast From The Past!



I've come across countless items from my youth during the Westwood to Franklin relocation project - a kind of dejavu. The majority of the items I had stored in my old bedroom closet have been moved. Although, I've not gone through it all, there have been some things I've come across during the move like these three pinewood derby cars, circa 1976ish, from my cub scout days.

Beauties are they not!! Hand made and designed as only a wee yout could do. Of course I can't remember that far back in time in general, let alone the specifics of the pinewood derby race days. However, since there is no one around to refute my claims, I'm gonna tell you all that I won! Yup, I won all three of the races that each of these cars were entered in and won them hands down. Once I find the associated trophies, or was it ribbons, I'll post them as proof. Until then you're just gonna have to take my word for it.

The dilemma, what to do with these classics?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig's list!!!