Thursday, July 29, 2010

Scare of My Life, Take Two...



His name is Cooper. He a fixed, 9-month old part Bischon Frise and part Pomeranian and a 100 % pain-in-the-ass puppy!

From a looks and personality perspective, Cooper wins over Nicky hands down. The Pekingese was just blah, no emotion or hard to tell his emotions. Cooper is much more lovable, shows his excitement and has a personality. However, Cooper has an issue with men - he does NOT like them. Perhaps, something happened in his past that was caused by a man, not sure just guessing. He will jump and dance when Emilie or JoAnne walk into the room, yet when I walk in he starts growling and barking and will run from me; he will NOT come near me. Even when he is on his leash and I try to pull him towards me he fights and pulls and freaks out. This is ashame but I do have fun with this and mess with him, hehehe. Could be why he bit me, hmm?

Of course these smaller kick-me dogs are for the birds. They are really good for nothing, and I mean nothing. They're annoying, yipping-yapping, pee-and-poop-wherever-they-feel-like-it, high maintenance dogs. JoAnne will take Cooper out for a 15 - 20 minute walk and the dog will wait to come into the house to pee on the kitchen floor!

I bet your asking yourself why we got Cooper and I'm gonna tell you. Here's the interesting twist, JoAnne's mother refuses to keep Nicky "the pill" pekingese. He growls at her and the grand kids and has nipped at them all too, so he's OUTTA THERE! The timing was perfect, so we thought, because Cooper "the neurotic" became available, so we grabbed him. Nicky has since gone back to his original owner, yippie (no pun intended), but JoAnne's mother can't take Cooper right now, so we're kinda stuck with the little pecker-head.

So, like the 1979 song Message in a Bottle goes (The Police), we're "Sending out an S.O.S", "Sending out an S.O.S", "Sending out an S.O.S", "Sending out an S.O.S", "Sending out an S.O.S", "Sending out an S.O.S" - one runny-eyed dog available for adoption!

No comments: