Thursday, December 01, 2011

My Blond Moments

Maybe it's just me but it seems like I've been having what I refer to as "blond moments" more and more these days. In and of itself these are more comical and embarrassing than anything else, for now anyway.

As a matter of fact I had one just yesterday afternoon. Let me explain -

We have a baby snapping turtle that we're wintering over in the house due to my poor timing on setting him free with enough time to fatten up and find himself a good place to hibernate before the cold weather set in. He's in a semi hibernated state I would guess. Not too much activity at all and no eating. Yesterday, after cleaning his bowl I set him in the sun, which stirred him up and got him moving. So, I thought it would be a good opportunity to give him something to eat. Off I went to the garden with shovel in hand and dog in tow to dig some worms. Walla, three bigg'ns with the first shovel full.

So far so good. Everything is proceeding as you'd expect. Here is where my blond moment kicked in...

Of course, the worms we're all covered with dirt, right! After all they live in the dirt, underground. Well, before I plop these dudes into the turtle bowl they needed to be cleaned or rather rinsed off, so under the kitchen faucet they went. Does anyone know what happens to worms when they're wet, hmm? Anyone? I'll tell you what happens to worms when they're wet, they become slippery, very slippery and difficult to hold. OOPS, worm down! Worm down! And when I say down, I mean down the drain they went!! Gone! Well, not all of them, two of the three. See what I mean..

Note: No offense intended to any blonds out there, bleached or otherwise!

No comments: