Friday, April 19, 2019

Unfortunate Event

**** SQUEAMISH WARNING ****

We had some excitement here on Lincoln Street yesterday morning.

A deer was hit by a vehicle and killed in front of our neighbors house.

Turns out the person who stopped and called Franklin PD was not the person who hit the animal.  The person who hit the animal did NOT stop!  This woman stopped, in part, because the deer was struggling (not dead) and flailing and she wanted to help.  However, by the time FPD arrived the animal had passed.

Franklin PD sat behind the animal with his lights on waiting for Animal Control to arrive, and he sat and sat and sat, for close to 15 minutes.  Animal Control never arrived, nope.  Instead, a passerby in a small 4-door car stopped. In the end, the officer helped this passerby load the deer into the trunk of his 4-door car, where is shut the door, shook the officers hand and drove off...

She was one of four deer that have live in this area; one of the mothers.  There were two adult does that each had a single fawn last spring (2018)


**** SQUEAMISH WARNING ****


Now, please don't take this the wrong way or view me in the wrong light.  As tragic as this was I see this as one less deer in my yard eating my perennials and vegetables AND AND seems she's going to be re-purposed (in some fashion) by the gentleman who stopped and carted her away.   Ironically, I had chased the deer, all four of the, off the night before when I caught them eating my tulips (right down to the ground), when I put Trixie-dog out for her bedtime piddle.

No comments: