Saturday, November 30, 2019

Good For Nuttin

I believe these are adult European Starlings.



"Starlings are boisterous, loud, and they travel in large groups (often with blackbirds and grackles). They race across fields, beak down and probing the grass for food; or they sit high on wires or trees making a constant stream of rattles, whirrs, and whistles."

I've noticed this to be the case too but also add their droppings to this annoyance.  When you have so many amassed together, all eating berries for example, there's gonna a poop mess everywhere too.  These were two of the many, who had their beaks down and probing my lawn, that I took some pictures of.  They blended right in with the brown leaves from the pear tree.  I believe they were foraging for the dropped fruit from our pear trees or whatever scraps was left behind from my mowing and raking.

The Starling falls into the category as the squirrel, the sparrow and pigeon.  Cool markings but noisy, messy, good for nothing birds.

No comments: