Monday, May 30, 2022

And Off It All Went!

Our town had their annual spring yard waste pick up day a couple weeks ago.  Their fall yard waste pick up was cancelled.  Apparently, the company picking up the waste was short staffed due to covid, alas.

Since there was no fall pickup I was forced to dump stuff in my backyard.  Since it was unsightly, I bagged it all up, (15) bags in all, and put out for spring pick up.


Sadly, my Redbud tree died. It was in tough condition last summer and had quite a bit of dead branches all through it, so I'm really not too surprised, rather bummed out.  It was nice looking tree with awesome flowers in the spring. 

Anyway, I took advantage of yard waste pick up day, and cut most of it up to fit in the green landscape barrel seen in the above pic and off it went!

I transplanted the flowers planted at the base of the tree, dug out around the base so I was below ground and cut the rest of the tree trunk down.  Looks odd with it gone, alas.

No comments: