Monday, May 30, 2022

Like A Glove

I help out an elderly old family friend with miscellaneous things around her house.  Primarily, I clean her gutters in the fall and then again in the spring, but also rake her yard and prune back the overgrowth in her yard.  

Her house is nestled among a canopy of oak and pine trees, which cover her house in shadows and dampness most of the time.  They also make a BIG mess with ALOT of clean up to do...

Her porch storm door was damaged and needed to be replaced. Reluctantly, I agreed to take this project on back in the fall. Being there was no rush and that I really didn't want to do it, I procrastinated some (Duh, I'm a Frye, so of course I did...).

Logistically, this was a challenge, as I had no way of picking up a new replacement storm door and getting it to her house.  In the end I had to call in a favor from my neighbor who has a truck.  He went with me to purchase the door, then to drop the door off and in the end, he also helped me get the door installed.  I would have been able to eventually get the door installed alone but having a second set of hands was super helpful!  

The porch is really in terrible condition, being in the shade and dampness all the time, but the new door looks great and fits in quite nicely -
 
Old porch door -

Replacement Andersen door, outside view - 

Replacement inside view - 

No comments: