Sunday, February 03, 2008

Blue Bird 2008

It's the beginning of February and we already have visiting Blue Birds! I saw one on Saturday and tried to get a picture but was too slow. Today, well that's another story; today I was able to take a handful of pictures of these visitors. I was ecstatic to see not one, not two, not three but FOUR Blue Birds bee-bopping around our back yard!

Potentially even more good news too. The above picture shows one of the Blue Birds sitting atop of a bird house I built. Actually, there have been two of these bug eating machines checking this house out - in and out and sitting on top. The location is attractive, as it's hanging amongst our raspberry plants, which I would guess is prime bug catching real-estate. Our fingers are crossed and we're hoping that they'll move in come Spring!

Here's one taking a break on one end of Emilie's swing set.

And here's a third one sitting on the other end of Emilie's swing set with the neighbors shed in the background.

Think Spring...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue birds like to build new nests each year, so don't forget to clean out the nest before spring.

SmF732 said...

I cleaned all the bird houses in the fall, so I am ready for new tenants to arrive and move into each.

Thanks for the head-ups!