Friday, January 07, 2011

Vasilopita 2010



Above is a picture of this New Years vasilopita, Greek New Year's Bread. As always JoAnne did a fantastic job, as you can see - it was delicious! This year she scored the cake to make the cutting easier, which was tremendous!


My uncle has been doing the honors of cutting the cake for years now; for as long as I can remember. Although, he's been threatening to 'retire' from this task for years now, I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised when he turned the knife over to me this year and officially retired, alas! Yup, I've been tagged with this responsibility and hope I can do as good a job as "Unc" has done over the years. Of course with JoAnne's assistance by marking the cake to make the cutting easier how can I miss?

We cut the cake from oldest to youngest but always start with Christ first and then the "House". This year the House was the lucky recipient of the baked in dime this year.

Many, many THANKS Unc for all the years cutting and the wonderful memories you helped create for everyone! Enjoy your vasilopita retirement...

No comments: