Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BP96-01795A (P132W)



This is the lamp (bulb) from our Samsung HL-T5676S DLP TV. As you can see half of it has a foggy gloss on the inside of the bulb, which doesn't make for a clear picture.

"Apparently, lamps used in DLP TVs have a limited lifespan. SO, for the best screen quality it needs to be replaced periodically. It should be replaced when the screen becomes darker and less clear. After replacing, the screen quality will be bright and clear as new."

The above it all true, I've experienced it.

Of course the lamp decided to let us know it needed replacing during the Boston Bruin's playoff run. At the time I just thought it was really, really dark at the game, DOH!

Google and the Internet are my friends, and I was able to find a replacement bulb with USPS first class shipping for under sixty bucks. It arrived yesterday and I installed it in short order and as Samsung claims, the screen quality is now bright and clear as new. Sadly, hockey season is over and I don't need to see a clear picture of Dr. Oz but we're ready for hockey season to begin come the fall...

No comments: