Friday, July 15, 2011

Shred, Recycle and Hopefully Annoy!

I broke out our paper shredder this morning and tackled our pile of 'items to be shredded'. It really wasn't too large a pile but always nice to stay on top of it before it gets too big, plus it's great to see it all go.

Now most of the items was junk mail, and since our shredder isn't industrial strength, I open all the envelopes and only shred those items that have our names and address on them. All other items typically go out to the recycle bin.

However, today I took a different approach, one that I've done a few times in the past. I took all the pre-paid envelopes and filled them with their own offers and empty envelopes - of course the ones that didn't have our names on them, and put them all in the mailbox.

I realize that it prolly doesn't make a bit of difference to these big companies and that it's not going to cost them much money (for postage on their pre-paid envelopes) but it gives me some small bit of satisfaction.

No comments: