Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Can You Hear Me Now?!?!

I was getting reports of  choppy audio, lagging and stop and go with my video when in meetings.  I didn't notice it on my end, however, there were certain times, so it seemed, where our Internet connection would come to a crawl but I wrote it off as everyone now working remotely.

Using Verizon's app I ran a speed test on our router and low and behold our upload speed was caca, at a mere 7.5Mbps!

Long story, so I'll shorten it, I placed a call to Verizon support.  A technician was dispatched who replaced our router and what's referred to as the "ONT" (Optical Network Terminal) or demarc, where external lines end and the private (my) network begins.  The latter was the fix!

Speed test results before ONT replacement - 


Speed test results after the ONT replacement -

After new 


What a difference in results!  Feedback from coworkers has been positive too!  They can now see me on video just like we were back in the office.  They all miss me, but of course...

No comments: