Monday, August 31, 2020

Round (Season) II

Here are some of the Gladiolas we grew this year.

Actually, the bulbs of these plants I successfully over wintered this past year - first time being successful at this.

These bulbs were given to me in the spring of 2019 by my farmer friend.  I planted them last year and we had very good luck, with most of them flowering.  I dug them up last fall, and the ones I didn't slice through with the shovel, were put in a cardboard box with peat moss.  I stored the box on the floor of the garage and pulled it our occasionally throughout the winter and gave it a good spraying of water so they wouldn't dry out.

I'm up in the air if I'll do the same again this fall.  Today, I'd say no and leave them be and if they survive they survive, my heart is just not in it to dig them up and store...



No comments: