Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Closed For The Season...


Sadly, I am out of the chicken business...

Decided I didn't want to fuss with winterizing the coop, then the need to shovel a path out there and keep it maintained and I didn't want to make numerous trips out there each and every day throughout the winter either.  Although, not a huge burden and worry, it was always on my mind.  Worrying about the cold weather on the girls, snow in general but heavy wet snow on the roof.

It's only been a month since I rehomed them and I can honestly say I do miss having them.  I miss the fresh eggs and recycling foods out to them.

Once they were picked up, I spent some time cleaning the coop out, including the nest boxes and laying down the last of bale of straw.  Sill using the upper part as storage but for now - NO VACANCIES!

No comments: