Friday, November 26, 2021

Working Smarter These Days

I took a new approach this fall to my ornamental grasses.  In years past I would cut each clump by hand using hand pruners, which was a slow and tedious task for sure. To even take it a step further, since I don't really have a place to dump or compost this still stuff on my property, I would then cut up these shoots into small pieces that would fit nicely into a large landscape barrel.  My neighbor, thank goodness for him, would take the barrel to the town recycle center, with his yard waste and dispose of.

This year, however, I tied each clump of grass to keep them bundled, then pulled out the ole chain saw and whacked each clump, ten in all, right down at the ground level.  Once cut, I hauled them to the driveway, where again my awesome neighbor, backed his trailer right up to them for easy pesy loading, and off to the recycling center they went.





SO much more efficient and SO much time saved!

No comments: