Sunday, February 06, 2011

Roof Shoveling - Oh the Joys...

I've spent the last couple of days shoveling snow off of roof tops and man-o-man was there a lot!

I took care of removing all of the snow from our family room roof, right down to the shingles. I borrowed the neighbor's roof rake and was able to reach and clear the second story roof. Although, that just allowed me to remove the first foot or two from the gutters up but it made a huge difference just the same.

Then I headed over to my neighbors to help shovel off his roof. He has a ranch style house so it wasn't too bad from a height perspective. We worked well into the darkness to get it done and ahead of the heavy rains that followed later that night.

Yesterday morning, Saturday, I picked up my son Christopher and headed over to my dads. The plan was to shovel the snow off of the shed and chicken pen roof. The picture below gives you an idea of just how much snow there was!



Here is what the back of the shed looks like. This is where we pushed some of the snow - it's up to, and in some places higher than the gutters!




Shoveling snow in general is a lot of work but this roof shoveling is just too much!! It really kicks my ass. However, I can sleep easier knowing this has been taken care of. My dad, well, I don't think he gives this a second thought and doesn't worry about it one way or another. Can't wait till the house sells...

No comments: