Sunday, February 13, 2011

One of Life's (My) Mysteries



OK, show of hands, how many of you have some flavor of a programmable thermostat installed in your house?

That's great, we do too. As a matter of fact we have two, the Lux TX500 pictured above, and have for many years now. Like Tony The Tiger says, "They're GREAT!"

As, you'll see in the above picture there are two numbers; the time on the left and the temperature that's being set on the right. Now, the time flashes or rotates every couple of seconds between the current temperature and the current time. Well, here's my dilemma, and please feel free to tell me I'm crazy -

I would guesstimate that 99% of the time when I look at units the time is displayed. However, that same 99% of the time I do not care what the time is and am only interested to see what the current temperature is.

Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me? The time I lose waiting for the display to change is beginning to eat away at my day.

No comments: