Monday, June 29, 2020

Shiver Me Timbers!

Whadda ya think of this bad Larry?!

I scored me this beautiful 18' white birch tree, oh yeah!

I noticed this a couple months ago down at the ball fields, when I would take my covid walks. Seems to have fallen at some point during a winter storm perhaps and was tossed in the ditch along the driveway.  Forgot all about it, then recently something made me remember, so with the help of my poison ivy scared neighbor we shot down to the park and loaded it into his truck.


The birch logs we had as eye candy in our fireplace for years were tiny.  They looked odd in the larger space, not to mention that they faded some over the years.  More noticeable when lying next to one of these newbies.  I cut this new tree into 27" lengths and was able to get (7) beautiful logs.  The eighth log is smaller but fits in nicely.


What a difference!

No comments: