Friday, June 12, 2020

Wicked Tiny!

How bout another turtle post!!

This tiny young'n, and I mean tiny, is a Painted turtle.  I suspect he can't be more than a week old, if that.  I found this dude or dudette feverishly paddling in our pool either trying to stay afloat or trying to get someplace fast.


Perhaps, I should have used a quarter for comparison but the dime works too.  Actually, he\she was just about the exact same size as a quarter -


The beauty of the Painted turtle is really their undersides, where you can see some awesome reds and  oranges.  Painted turtles are super common in this area, so although still exciting, they're NOT Spotted turtle exciting - 


Emilie drove this fella\gal to a local pond here in Franklin and released him\her in a mucky side vernal pool versus the BIG pond.  A bass or heron would make a quick snackie of this little.


Loving me some local animal interactions!

No comments: