Sunday, October 18, 2020

Just Passing Through...


I was treated with a close encounter the other afternoon.  I was working in the yard near the chicken coop doing some fall clean up and deep in thought when I finally noticed I had 6 feathered visitors - a mom wild turkey and her 5 babies.  They were some 30 odd feet away and didn't seem to mind that I was there.  They milled around for quite some time too.  Some stretching out in the sun, some preening themselves and others foraging.

The neighbors kids came out to play on their swing set, which spooked them (you can see the kids early in the video), so they started to make their way past the chicken coop, up the hill and eventually made it across the street.  The video is interesting as both the turkeys and the chickens seemed puzzled with each other...

No comments: