Tuesday, June 29, 2021

A Question To Ponder

As I sit here eating my lunch, Trixie-dog is sitting at full attention patiently waiting for a bite, see below.  As long as I don't make eye contact everything is cool, however, once broken she bebop's up and down and side to side, very animated and vocal. Oops, I made eye contact...

I return to ignoring her, go back to my Internet article and continue eating, savoring each bite.  This got me thinking, HMMM?!  Trixie-dog has no idea what I'm eating, outside of the smell, and cannot see what's on my plate and therefore has no idea how much food I have.  Nor does she understand portion size.

So my question to you is, how much should I give her?  Again, she can't see my plate, so is one bite enough?  Two bites?  More?  At what point have I met my obligation of being a good friend and companion?  Is it selfish of me to give her only a couple tiny bites, as I wolf down an entire sandwich? 

What is she thinking while all this is taking place?!  Is she like, "c'mon man!", "what gives, I'm sitting right here!" or "is that it?!", "an entire sandwich and all you give me is a bite of bread crust"!?


I'm perplexed...

No comments: