Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Shame On Franklin DPW


It's a play on my "Find the Critter", instead it's "Find the Fire Hydrant"!  You can see the rusted, red metal marker, the hydrant is beneath it.

Sorry but I find this appalling and 100% unacceptable and shame on the town of Franklin and the Franklin Highway department.

I see Franklin DPW trucks driving up and down my street all the time. Often times there are two people in the vehicle.  There are certain things that I would think these knuckleheads are told or aware of, they're the highway department after all!  For example keep the roads clean and clear, so if there's a branch or some item in the roadway, stop and remove it.  Another would be fire hydrants, keeping them free and clear of all items and visible should be a priority! I understand we're not talking snow and ice, however, these tall weeds blocking the hydrant could certainly cause the fire department delays if an emergency.

Sadly, as I've stated in other postings, I see this as a sign of the times today.  No one takes pride in their jobs or takes responsibilities, everyone is selfish, looking out for themselves and simply too lazy to care.  Let's be honest here too, Franklin is small time government, so should I really be bothered and surprised by this, NAW!!

No comments: