Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Fall Haircuts

After cutting my lawn I spent this past Saturday afternoon doing some pruning.  It's a regular fall chore that I've been doing for years, this year no different.

I like to trim my weeping cherry trees so they have a more upside down umbrella look.  Otherwise they get all squirrely with new limbs shooting up and out, which defeats the "weeping" looking.




Below is a Kouda Dogwood tree, which I planted when Emilie was born.  Hindsight being what it is, I should have planted it 3 or 4 feet to the right, as it's beneath the electric wire that runs to the house.  I trimmed this tree too, so it's clear of the wire but also I like them short and stout versus tall and lanky.

Before pic taken during the end of our hot humid summer.  The colored leaves are not the onset of Fall, rather stress from lack of water. Hoping it bounces back fine next spring
 - 

After pruning the top - 


Onto the next fall clean up project...

No comments: