Saturday, September 03, 2022

A Slithery Friend, Welcome!


I spotted this beauty slowly slinking along the backside of my driveway.  It was a pleasant surprise for sure, as I seldom seem snakes around my place and never really have.  Over the past 20 years I've seen some and a couple have fallen into the pool but for the most part not too many.

Perhaps, because I grew up seeing them in my folks yard all the time!  We lived next to wetland, so perhaps that attracted them with more critters for them to eat, e.g. frogs and toads.  I certainly miss those dad and my folks house and yard.  Plenty of wildlife to see and enjoy.

So, let this dude alone and watched him from atop the driveway, as he slithered to and fro. Hoping his diet consists of slug and other insects and he leaves the toads be.  However, the few toads I've seen this year, there is NO way this dude would be able to eat them.

No comments: