Monday, June 19, 2023

Elmer Fudd, Where Are You?!

Here is a pic of what a nice health clump of balloon flowers looks like.  This one is about 3' tall now, which will grow to about 4'-5', nice and thick and green.  This particular clump is in the pool area and always has done great with plenty of flowers.

I have other clumps too throughout the yard and they've also done great, when left alone.


Here is a picture of what the wild rabbits have done to, what was a couple of nice thick clumps of balloon flowers.  The darn rodents simply destroy them, eating most of the leaves and chewing off some of the stems too.  They also have done a number on my black-eyed Susan's and hostas too, UGH!

I'm not sure if it was the relatively mild winter we had but there are oodles and oodles of wild rabbits this year.  Where are all the hawks I had out back over the winter or the other predator's like foxes?  I need help in regulating these vermin, as I can't do it all by myself...or maybe I can!


Here is an older picture of a balloon flower ballooned up and ready to open -

And here's a unique flower opened up -

The bees love these flowers and are always busy flying in and out of each all summer long.

No comments: