Friday, June 02, 2023

Snappy

I went for a run on Wednesday afternoon, around 6ish and noticed this lovely lady making her way up the embankment and towards the schools parking lot.  Since she was headed away from the street, I didn't intervene.

I don't carry my phone when I run, so when I finished, I grabbed my phone, jumped in the car and drove the mile to the school to check on her.  Sure enough she was far enough away from the street and seemed content, so except for snapping (no pun intended) a few pics, I left her alone.




Interestingly, on Thursday morning, 7:15AM to be exact, I was headed out to breakfast.  Driving past the school, which at this time of the morning was all hustle and bustle with buses and parents dropping off their kids.  Guessing all the activity made this girl nervous, as we drove past the school I noticed her making her way back down the same embankment she had climbed the evening before.

We didn't stop, hoping she'd be fine and that no one would bother her.  There was no sign of her an hour later when we were headed back home, which was encouraging.  On my noontime walk, I made a couple additional laps in that area but was unable to locate her, so guessing she made her way to safety and is fine.

No comments: