Sunday, April 28, 2024

Back In Time

I had the opportunity to walk around an old abandoned house and property that will soon be torn down.  It's a house in Medway, on route 109, that I remember from when I was a little type.  Although, we seldom drove out this why, too far drive back in the 1970's, we did, however, when heading down to visit family in West Virginia and Tennessee, as we'd jump on route 495 just a couple miles down the road.  Anyway, this house always stood out to me because they had a couple ponies that I looked forward to seeing when driving by.

Fast forward some 50 odd years, YIKES I'm old, and this house and abutting garage business will soon be demolished to make way for a new development of some kind.

In poking around, I scared off a nesting bird, which to be honest startled me a bit.   Had she just stayed on her nest I would have never known she was there. I didn't really get that close to her either but off she went.  I knew immediately what type of bird it was by the noise her flapping wings made, quite unique.  Can you tell from the picture of the nest and eggs?  It was a Mourning Dove!  I returned an hour later hoping to get a pic of her on the nest.  She was there but you couldn't see her from the angle and distance I was at and of course she flew off again as I tried to get closer, so unfortunately, no pic of her.



I scored an almost full roll of 4' tall galvanized fencing that was in one of the old animals sheds.  I also, picked up a couple of ticks too!! 🕷

No comments: