Monday, August 03, 2026

Sweating To BBQ

I checked out and had dinner at the Swifty Pig BBQ restaurant in Jonesborough yesterday -



I’d driven by it several times and it looked interesting, so I took the drive and gave it a whirl.

I went with the brisket burger with American cheese (extra cost), fried onions and BBQ sauce, and an order of fries (extra cost).

First impressions of the food when it arrived was how small the burger was, tiny really, similar to a McDonald’s hamburger, so a bit disappointing but it was delicious! SO tender and juicy, it melted in my mouth. The fries were ok too, typical, nothing special.

The AC wasn’t working and it was very hot so it was very hot and sticky inside, which kinda put a damper on the experience. It’s one thing if I was eating something spicy and was sweating but sweating just waiting for my food, well that was a bummer. The owners were there and very welcome, and actually apologized for the AC issue. The wait staff was just ok, friendly and all but a tad aloof.

All in all it was delicious burger and a clean place. I’d go back to try one of their other items.

No comments: