Sunday, August 30, 2026

It’s A Sign

Okay folks can you spot what, I believe, is wrong in the first picture below -


Look at the sign!

Look at the direction it’s been mounted to face!

It’s facing inwards toward the soybean field!


What traffic is there out in the field that would need such a reminder? I’m fairly certain that geese cannot read, nor can they drive, so what gives?


I suppose it could be intended for the farmer when he’s out plowing or planting or harvesting the field but I think that’s doubtful and a bit of a stretch. This stretch of the walking trail is acres of field corn and soybean and on both sides of the road and trail. 

Rather, I think the post itself was either put in facing the wrong direction or it was used for something else at one point, maybe farm related; an old fence?!

Assuming I’m correct, this would be just another example of shoddy workmanship and poor work ethics. I mean who would mount a sign like that and not question it? Maybe it’s all about checking a box - install warning sign on walking trail, “check”/done. Next task…

No comments: