Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Turtleday

Yesterday was “Turtleday”!

I was fortunate to rescue two turtle 🐢 from a potentially sad ending, as they were attempting to cross the road.

The first one, and my most favoritest type, a male Eastern Box turtle! He was a little shy at first and completely closed himself up in his shell -


But eventually he worked up the courage to open up and poke his head out -



I took him down the embankment, in the direction he was headed, and safely away from the road!

What you looking at -


The second was a male Painted turtle 🐢, still a tad wet and sporting a of bit of duckweed on its shell -


This dude was attempting to cross Pritchard, not far from my driveway. So instead of helping him cross where he was, I opted to relocate him in the pond on my property.


All’s well that ends well!

No comments: