OUCH π€!
Well, there’s a first time for everything they say.
I had a first today! I got stung by a bumblebee π, YES a bumblebee! The Amish of the bee world - gentle, hardworking and steady, who are reliable, focused and unbothered by the rush of the world, THAT BEE!
It was in the inside of my left ankle. Fortunately, it was through my sock, which is why it was only a little ouchie and not a BIG ouchie. However, it got my attention to say the least!
My first reaction, after swatting the critter off, was to stomp on the dude. But when I saw that it was the lovable bumblebee π that had caused the pains I let it “bee” and go on its merry way.
Could have been worse for me too, as bumblebees have smooth stingers, lacking the backward facing barbs of other bees. Therefore, their body stays intact following a sting which allows them to sting their target more than once.
Chance are high that had this dude stung me multiple time I would NOT have let it go on its merry way…

No comments:
Post a Comment