Friday, July 31, 2020

Should Have Listened...

Well, GIDDY UP! 

Stepped out onto the deck yesterday afternoon and heard the all too familiar sound of my trap paddle clinging and clacking.  That is the sound of a rodent that succumbed to it's curiosity and got itself trapped.

I was shocked but pleasantly surprised to see that a woodchuck been snared, OMG!

I sold my two big traps, only keeping the medium and small ones, which I've been setting in an effort to catch the outrageous number of chipmunks that are around.  I read an article that explained the chipmunk boom to the abundant number of acorns that fell this past fall.  I agree, we certainly had a shitton of acorns to deal with last fall.  Anyway, I've had good luck on the chipmunk front, up to (15) caught to date and counting.




Fairly certain it was this woodchuck, along with it's siblings, that have been mocking me all summer long from the far side of the neighbors yard.

No comments: