Friday, July 31, 2020

Under Deck Nester

A Robin chose to build her next on the support beam under our back deck.  It was not a spring build, rather a late season build - these pictures were taken last night.  Perhaps, it was her second clutch, who knows.  I'm not a big fan of having birds nest under the deck.  They're messy with the nest building materials, they poop on everything, and that's just the adults, and the nest is in a high traffic area.  The mother is constantly being spooked of the nest, where she'll fly to the other side of the pool and sit on the fence hollering. Last year I took the nest down along with it's 3-eggs.  Fortunately, I set it aside because when Emilie came home and saw what I did there were 4-eggs, so I had to put it back.  This year I just left it.



Anyway, when I peaked in last night I was surprised to see just one baby and it's pretty good sized too.  I guess it's a lot easier to feed one mouth versus multiple.


Just home Oliver is outside when Emilia takes her first flight, could be devastating...

No comments: