Sunday, October 09, 2022

Back At It!

I placed my garlic order the last week of September, a 1/2 pound of German White hardneck garlic, which arrived in Friday's USPS mail - perfect timing! 

After taking a year off from planting garlic, I was back at it yesterday and planted 23 cloves in three rows.  Nice BIG and tasty looking cloves too!

They came in this nice bag with tag; (4) BIG bulbs -


Three neat piles after breaking the bulbs into cloves -


Turn and prepped the beg.  Then, I dug my three rows and placed a stake at each end -


Placed the cloves evenly apart, right side up -


And covered with soil - 

 
The next time I mow the grass, I'll spread a nice layer on top of the soil to offer some protection from the elements and coming cold and snow.

It's a waiting game now and already looking forward to July-ish when I can harvest and start cooking with!

No comments: